Saturday 10 August 2013

Long Time No Speak....

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well.....I have finally made a return to my blog :)  It has been quite a difficult time of late and I have not really been in a crafty frame of mind but I think things are slowly getting better so I have ventured back out to my cabin.  I have a couple of things to show you; firstly my tissue box,




I bought the blank box from the MDF Man when I went to Alexander Palace earlier this year.  After a couple of coats of gesso, I painted it with Mother of Pearl Acrylic paint and then gave it a coat of crackle from Tim Holtz.  The flowers and butterflies were in my stash.  My second project is a card, I have been inspired by a new LOTV designer, Kathy,  and it is a style of card I have never made before.  Her blog is wonderful and I basically copied one of her cards to get back into the swing of things, so thank you Kathy.  I made the card for my dear friend Nikki ;




Items Used

Papers - Prima Tea Thyme
Sentiment - Inca Stamps
Spellbinders - Labels 22
Memory Box - Elegant Scroll
Quickcutz - Leaves
Flowers from stash and coloured with Promarkers 
Pearls - Melissa Frances
Dodlebug - stitches rub ons

The box was made using a scoreboard and edged with picked raspberry distress inks before adding flowers to match the card.  I hope to be back with another make soon,

Take care









No comments:

Post a Comment